start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Quantum Leap

Man, did anybody used to watch that show besides me? That was the best show EVER. I used to love staying home from school "sick". I would sit in the recliner and watch Quantum Leap, then The Hulk, then my favorite show of all times, McGuyver. Then, you stop for a nice lunch of cereal, and back to the TV... Unfortunately afternoon TV watching sucks. It's filled with soaps.

So, some scientists in Austria have invented the quantum byte. I don't know much about quantums or whatever it is called, but the must the US has every been able to make is six bytes, not eight. Apparently, an eight byte structure of some sort is wicked fast... like the super computer in "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" that can compute the meaning of life. Wow... but can it wipe your ass? That's what truly matters. HA! Who cares about quantums?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang, that brings back memories. the hulk used to scare the bejesus out of me, and i never ever missed macgyver with my dad. loooved it! cant say i ever got into quantum leap though...

Anonymous said...

definitely was into ql. great, great show. used to come home after class every day freshmen year and watch it. reese was a macgyver guy.....can't really say I ever got into that though.