start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Monday, Monday

Ahhh, what a nice weekend I had. I finished up my Christmas shopping on Saturday and went kayaking on Sunday. I was supposed to go kayaking with another guy, but he cancelled out and I was about to do the same... But, I went, and it was worth it. I put in at 12th street on East Beach and kayaked to Village Creek landing. Exactly five miles. It's amazing what you accomplish in five miles of paddling 6 inches off the water. I was sitting there just thinking of all this and that that I needed to do when I got back, this coming week, before the end of the year in order to get my life nice and in order. Then it came to me. I spend so much time trying to figure out what I can do to make it so I'm finally living my life that I haven't realized that I am living my life. Make sense? I think that sometimes I get caught up in trying to have this life that I think I am supposed to have, that I loose sight of the fact that I am currently living it. Their will always be things that need to get done. If I tried to do all the things that need to be done, looking for that time when I can just sit back and relax, I would be waiting a long time.

Man, I'm excited about this upcoming weekend. It will be my one year wedding anniversary... lots of plans in store. Sunday marked my one year out of college anniversary. Pretty crazy. Been out of school for more than a year. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben, Ever hear the phrase "Can't see the forest, for the trees"? Don't get caught up in all the day to day goings on that you forget to look at the "forest"..the big picture. Happy one year "out of school" anniversay...man, am I glad about that!