start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Waiting is Over, Merry Christmas

Now I sit. One of the hardest times I have found to stay awake is that time between Christmas Eve dinner and Midnight Mass. It's worth the waiting, but man is it hard. Sleep beckons with the aid of a full tummy, yet I wait, knowing I will soon don the traditional coat and tie, venturing once more out into the cold night air. Midnight Mass is a special thing though. In the midst of all holiday parties and presents and fellowship, it's nice to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas.

Last night we had our Holiday Soiree. My wife swears that she will never do it again, but come on, we all know she is lying. I have to say, it was a blast. I really appreciate all you guys, thanks for coming out and celebrating the holidays. See, to me that's what it's all about. I like to consider last night a celebration of our friendships that have held strong through the years. Some new friendships, some old. Some broken, some made-up. Some inter-mingled, some cross-referenced. Some weird, some perfectly fit. That's what the holidays are all about to me. Fellowship. Yeah, we may drink a little, party a little too hard sometimes, but when the day ends (i.e. morning begins) I know each and every one of you is still there. So thanks, from me and from Kelly.

Below is the link to the photos from last night's Holiday Soiree. Remember, if you like one of the photos and would wish to make a print of it, just email me the photo number, I'll send you the original. The one on the site is too low of a resolution to print out well. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I know we will here on the ol' Galland front. Thanks to you all, for making last night really special.

Pictures from the Holiday Soiree: Part Deux

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did Robbie was there. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your Festivus Pole!!!

Anonymous said...

Kel, I didnt realize how close Goat and I were to the tree. That wouldn't have been good. I had a blast though. Getting up at 5:30 wasnt fun.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank god bum was there! It was a festivus miracle. Robbie- why did you get up at 530? how are ya feeling? i heard about john hip-checking you across the deck.... haha, why the hell?

Anonymous said...

I have a bruise the size of Montana on my right arm. I have to admit he got me pretty good. I left him a message about how he wouldnt ever retaliate against me and he did.

We went to NC on Sat. morning and we left at 5:30. I got home at 3:30. Nothing like 2 hours of sleep and then being drunk the entire ride to NC.

Anonymous said...

no this was from later in the night. You kept kicking me in the leg, where I had another bruise, probably from Turner as well. HAHA