start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

dry heaves are the worst

My wife had all these wonderful plans this weekend. She was going to go shopping for Christmas decorations for our house and begin planning our holiday soiree. Then the bug came. She got sick in the middle of the night Friday and stayed in bed all day Saturday. I wound up taking her to the clinic and they hooked her up to an IV. It took them FOUR times to find decent vein because she was so dehydrated. She's on medicine now, and seems to be doing a little bit better, but I imagine she is starving.

Of course in the time I've known her she has been sick before, but never like this. It really shakes you up. Seeing the person you love in so much pain, dry heaving and getting stuck with needle after needle in a vain attempt to find a vein (you like that one?!)... it really scared me. But what can I do really? I mean, pain and suffering are a part of life you know? I can attempt to prevent illness for my (future)family, but that only goes so far. You can't prevent the unexpectable and inevitable.

In other news, the Oyster Roast was fun. Kelly was knocked out on drugs, so I went... on her OK of course. I took a friend and we had a good time. We ate so much food, definitely giving a lot of those brown-nosers a run for their money on the oysters. I think in 15 minutes we cleared a bushel easy! Snagged several commemorative cups as well. All in all, a good haul. Happy Sunday to you.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, sorry I couldnt make it last night. First my dad couldnt find the tickets, but by the time he got back I was asleep. I didnt feel well and went to bed at 6:30. I will call you later.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kelly I hope she feels better!

Anonymous said...

pain. you just have to ride it out . hope it goes away on its on. and hope the wound that caused it heals. there are no solutions. no easy answers. you just breath deep and wait for it subside. most of the time pain can be managed. but sometimes but the pain gets you when you least expect it. hits way below the belt and doesn't let up. pain you just have to fight through. because the truth is you can't outrun it and life always makes more.

Anonymous said...

kellys not the only one. i was out of town puking, and had to give up my ticket to the auburn/alabama game on saturday. it SUCKED.

Anonymous said...

(hope you feel better now, kelly :) )

Anonymous said...

giving up a ticket to anything in Auburn should be considered a blessing.

Anonymous said...

you can bite me, robert.

Anonymous said...

id rather be a tiger than a DOG.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see this week their mascot is a tiger. What will it be next week? A war eagle? A plainsman? HAHA How do they determine what they will be each week?

And it's a DAWG by the way.

Anonymous said...

theyre the tigers. war eagle is a tradition. idiot. and its DAWG because youre rednecks. bullDOG. thats how its spelled.

click my nmae for the war eagle thing.

Anonymous said...

I know what it is, but they still call themselves the war eagles, they also call themselves the Plainsmen. That is 3 nicknames.

Ms. Spelling Bee, I also know how to spell, but UGA has the word Dawgs trademarked, so that is what I call them. I am far from a redneck.

Anonymous said...

dawgs is trademarked because thats how rednecks say it. so they thought theyd capitalize on it. youre being a pain in my ass.

Anonymous said...

well then it was some pretty smart marketing by rednecks.

You may be using that term a liitle too tightly. Where is Auburn located? In the middle of nowhere. Auburn is also a trade school that specializes in mechanics and such. UGA is a top 15 public school in the nation.

Man, I love winning arguments with you.

Anonymous said...

many good schools are located in the middle of nowhere. how is athens a metropolis?

Anonymous said...

never said it was, but it is an hour from the capital and 1.5 from the 3rd biggest city in S.C.

I never said it wasnt a good school, just that it was in the middle of nowhere, which it is. Opelika engulfs Auburn.

Anonymous said...

auburn is great. i like smaller places for school. its only an hour from columbus, which has everything anyone would ever need. its huge. you act like you can only access auburn by plane or something. everything robbie likes/does is right, as usual.

Anonymous said...

robbie's right about this one. i've been to auburn and there is absolutely nothing to do there....and COLUMBUS?!?!?!?! What in the world is in Columbus, a drug store and a hot dog stand? I guess that's all anyone really needs????

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paige :-)I'm making a slow recovery, hope you are feeling better too.

Anonymous said...

oh, thanks too Erin!

Anonymous said...

All columbus has is an army base, brothels, and pawn shops. Auburn University is for Atlanta kids that couldn't get into their state school.

Anonymous said...

brothels huh? I could get used to Columbus.

Anonymous said...

you obviously havent been to columbus lately.

Anonymous said...

i don't know about the prior poster, but i was in columbus last spring and there were DEFINITELY a lot of pawn shops.