start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday Foto

Fall on the Altamaha
Canon 10D, 28-135 EF USM IS
Shot bracketed with 1-stop intervals at ISO 100

I neglected you all last week for the Friday Foto, and so to make it up, I give you this little piece of candy. I have to admit, I really like this one. Last Friday I took a boat trip on the Altamaha River (which is around Darien, GA). I went with a group of friends. It was a bit cold, but we hung in there. We stopped to have lunch on Lewis Island (On Lewis Creek, which runs off of the Altamaha). I love Lewis Island... it's one of my favorite places on earth. Anyway, this tree must have just fallen, because all the leaves were still bright with color. No manipulation was done to this photo to brighten up colors. The technique I used is called HDR Generation. You simply take three photos of the exact same thing (needs a tripod). One is correctly exposed, one is under exposed, and one is over exposed. You then combine them and, after a little tweaking to get some things right, there you have it.

I'm leaving this afternoon and going up to my cabin in Blueridge, GA again. Man, I just can't get enough of that place. I heard that the leaves should be just right for some really good photos. If I get some good ones, and you all behave, maybe we'll have a little viewing via the blog. How would like that? Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband is SO talented!!! :-) we will see pretty leaves this weekend!

Anonymous said...

have fun and be safe, ben jamin.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome... i want to see more HDR...why isn't every picture taken this way?

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Looks like it belongs on a calendar. Can't wait to see the cabin photos. Have fun.