start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Slow it down a little

So, I knew a question like the last post would work up some folk. Here's what I have to say about the whole thing. Obviously I believe in creation. I have a very conservative mind-frame when it comes to religion. However, saying that, I am open to ANY ones take on the matter. I consider myself a very open-minded person. I say this meaning, I will listen (and not argue) to anyone. Will they change my beliefs? Possibly, if their argument is good, but not by there words alone. What really bothers me are those who are as close minded as they come. They pass it off calling it 'passion'. "I'm sorry I fought with you on that matter, I'm just so passionate about abortion." No, that is not passion. I am a very passionate person. My heart is in the things I do, and I am libel to cry if it all goes to hell. A passionate person can be open-minded because of the nature of compassion. You are passionate about something because you feel a deep connection with it. You understand the relationship of one's heart to a subject. Therefore, you have the ability to be open-minded. It annoys me that people pass off there hotheadedness and closed-mindedness on any given subject because they are "just passionate". I'm passionate, yet I can completely understand why some of our previous commenters think they way they do. Do agree with them? Not by a long shot. However, I would listen to them until they were done talking about it. Why? Because being passionate about something, among other things, means understanding (or attempting to) all sides of the issue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if your beliefs are strong enough then no one should be able to "possibly" change your mind...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

no girls only tie their jackets around their waist because they think they have a huge but!