start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Turkey sandwiches for a week!

Possibly the best thing about Thanksgiving is having turkey sandwiches for weeks to come. It's funny, you know we can cook a turkey any day of the year, but no one seems to do that except on Thanksgiving and (some) on Christmas.

So, my Thanksgiving was good. The stomach bug disabled me from consuming mass quantities of tryptophane, so I made out OK. The Holiday Soiree we threw was a blast. I slow-cooked a Boston Butt and man was it tasty. I was very proud of what was coined, my smoky butt.

You know why I like Thanksgiving so much? It is a time in which people can look past their differences and past and come together. Unfortunately, I didn't get to experience that this Thanksgiving. It takes a certain level of maturity to participate in such acts. Oh well, my heart is always open.

So who wants to see pictures of the Holiday Soiree? Oh, I know you do. Come on, beg for it... OK, here they are! Enjoy! Happy Monday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

good pics, good times, good drinks.

Anonymous said...

Who is that in the red sweater?

Anonymous said...

why is my tongue out in nearly every picture?

Anonymous said...

the guy in the red sweater is some balding, attention-starved retard.

Anonymous said...

I know, I accidentally pressed the publish button. It was going to be good and then I couldnt fix it.

I am now a retard. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

sad that not even a holiday such as thanksgiving can bring people back together. maybe there is just no mending this one.

Anonymous said...

kelly, were you pleased I didn't tear you house down?

Anonymous said...

John, I was actually commenting on your maturity and lack of destruction Saturday night, when Bum informed me that you tried to break his car window....but I'm glad you didn't tear down my non-existant tree :-)))))

Anonymous said...

maturity is for the birds