start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sub $400 laptop

Wal-Mart has teamed up with HP and is introducing a laptop for $398. If you feel like standing in line for the whole day on Black Friday, feel free. See, I expect more out of my computer than they are offering, but hey, it's not a piece of junk. It's OK on speed, decent amount of space, and a 15" screen. Now that I think about it, it might be nice to have. I have a Mac and need a PC to run all my GPS gizmos. Christmas might come early this year.

Does anyone realize how big Wal-Mart is? They control the retail market, literally. Starting in 2006 they are going to stop carrying all VHS tapes, blanks and movies, to make shelf space for DVDs. This is huge. Mark my words, this will speed-up the demise of VHS as we know it.

No comments: