start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Cell insurance sucks

The BIGGEST waste of money on the market for 90% of cellphone users. The insurance you buy when you get a cell phone. The UK seems to believe so as well. It's only good for people who have very high-end cells. Basically, they make you pay a very high deductible and aren't required to give you the exact same phone in return, just something of equal value. BS, I claimed one once and got back a lesser quality phone. I remember being with Cellular One in high school (I had a phone in HS, but didn't ride my bike while talking!). I lost my phone once and called them. They overnighted me the exact same phone and I received it the next day... for NO charge. Where is service like that nowadays?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

im sorry i have to disagree. the 5.95 a month has saved me from paying 100 bucks numerous times when i have had cell phone problems. i like the insurance.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you angel pie. It's a rip off, like all things to do with cell phones. It's only good for people who drop their phones in the toilet repeatedly. No names mentioned :-) :-)

Anonymous said...

I concur...

if you have the slightest bit of responsibility you shouldn't need cell phone insurance...I've never had it, unlike my sister (don't get me started, don't EVEN get me started)

although, i'd take any policy jim insurance was willing to throw at me

Anonymous said...

I was wondering......I was on here earlier and read another comment and now it's gone. What constitutes a comments deletion?...just curious. Thanks!

Ben said...

I will only delete a comment if I or a reader (if legitimate) finds it offense. However, if someone actually signs in (their name in blue) then they can go back and delete the comment they left.

Anonymous said...

gotcha! Thanks Ben. What was offensive about the other comment?

Anonymous said...

REPEATEDLY? i only dropped it in their once and it was soooo not my fault. the couple of beers i had made me do it!

Ben said...

I didn't delete that comment... the author most have.

Anonymous said...

hahahahaa katie :-) :-) I could have sworn it was more than once :-)

Anonymous said...

I dropped in Bum' s lake once, but it was New Years, which explains a lot. HAHA Bum, you love Jim Insurance.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, no Kelly. It was only once. I do learn from my mistakes!

Anonymous said...

bobby, what about the one that you smashed against the wall....or was that 2 you smashed against the wall? DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (shrieking implied)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Remember when I threw the phone at the wall b/c Kurt and Vas didnt wait on me. HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

which time was that?

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie, you know what? i was thinking of that time your roomate dropped hers in the toilet. That happened right? or did i just make that up?

Anonymous said...

One time in Athens, during football weekend. You were prolly with Poofs