start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Friday Foto


Coozies
March 24, 2005
10 sec. @ f-3 @ ISO 200

It's funny how a picture can induce memories. Coozies, or Village Creek Landing as some call it, is one of my favorite places on St. Simons. I have been through a lot out there, from fights to kisses, from good boating times to BAD boating times. There is always a breeze and the smell of the marsh is as pungent as anyplace I know. Coozies' plays host to a number of weekend warriors come Saturday morning, me being one of them.

This photo was taken on a full moon back in March. I set my tripod up, opened the shutter and then ran around into the frame, sat on the bench and fired my flash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coozies....

what a great place....

how did it get that name? It was Coozies well before it was "The Village Creek Landing"

We used to sit out there and drink copious amounts of beer...how we never got caught is a mystery to me...

As an aside, how weird is it when someone refers to a coozie by some other name, like a huggie or something? That's a pet peeve!

Anonymous said...

i think coozies has a memory for everyone on the island. it sums up ssi as whole in one little place. a little heaven on earth, even...