start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, October 24, 2005

FINALLY!

Finally I get a chance to blog. Finally I get a chance to sit down. Finally I have my first fire in my fireplace. FINALLY it's cold outside! With a high of only 60 today I could not have been more happier. So what it rained a little today. So what I got a little wet on my 7 o'clock scooter ride to work. So what that I'm stressed out right now with work. The point is, I'm content for this moment. I'm content sitting here next to my fire with hot cocoa (yes) and writing to you. My house smells like candles, cooking and fire. The windows are open and the breeze is ever so gentle. My stress is temporarily on vacation (or at least until I am done writing). The point is, right now, I am perfect.

Don't you just love moments like this? Moments when you are so content, that the only thing that could make you happier would be the knowledge that it would last forever. However, I don't think I would like this feeling to last forever. Why? Because then it wouldn't be so special. For me, the rarity of contentment, in essence, is a tort of it's definition. For me, contentment is rare. I am always searching for the better... And no, this is not good. I need to work on that.

But for now, I will leave you with this. Whether you live your life in total contentment or sporadic contentment never loose sight on what it is that makes it good for you. For me, it's the peace. It's the knowledge and feeling that I get from that moment of time when I feel that hand of God holding me up and the forsight to see that everything will actually be OK... And yes, maybe a little cold weather helps too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was the best thing i could have read right before i went to sleep. thanks for the peaceful dreams. thanks for the contentment you just provided for me. sometimes you are content and don't even know it....

Anonymous said...

nice blog. I feel the same way about the "first fire". I love being in the South because when it first gets cold it lets me know Christmas is right around the corner....it finally feels like football season! My moments of contentment are waking up at 3am and thinking it's 6am and realizing you have that much needed few extra hrs of sleep, seeing my DAWGS go for the deep ball and connecting and jumping up and down with extreme jubilation, seeing everyone I know almost suffocating with laughter at something that is of course at someone else's expense, and last but not least, those day after stories of hysterical memories, that i myself, will never recollect!