start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

This just in...



I've heard several rumors lately of new business coming to the Golden Isles area and I thought I would share the extent of what I know with you all. Keep in mind that they are rumors, so don't get mad if you still have to leave the island for waffle fries.

Yes, I've heard Chick-Fil-A is coming. Between the Waffle House and CVS. In the Winn-Dixie parking lot rumor has it that we are getting a Starbucks, Quiznos Subs, Cold Stone Creamery and Moes. At the end of the causeway we are getting a Caraba's Italian restaurant. At the foot of the new Jekyll Island bridge apparently a whole shopping complex, much like the new one in Jacksonville at St. John's. I've also heard maybe a Wendy's on the Island. We'll see...

I'm definitely most excited about the Chick-Fil-A. That place is going to do great on the island. Any others y'all might know? Post them below.

7 comments:

Ben said...

I forgot one... Target is coming where Harveys is.

Anonymous said...

the evil corporate empires are coming to homogenize st. simons and put the little, local man out of business...

please, boycott quizno's etc...

please don't let moe's put Del Taco out of business

Don't flock to something just because it's new

support your local eateries, owned and operated by local entrepreneurs

if you want a burrito, go to barberito's...An Athens, Ga corporation, not a national one buying food from the lowest bidder..

I'm not going to tell you Del Taco is better, but it's an Island institution and to see its demise forced upon it by the McDonald's of burrito places would be terrible horriffic....

none of this applies to Chic-fil-a, another Ga company created by good ol truett cathy...they're also tastefully run and operated...

"WELCOME TO MOES" no thanks! welcome to homogenization of culture and taste!

Anonymous said...

I love you bum!

Anonymous said...

DEL TACO LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I can't wait for corporate America to gobble up the little man. When will the SSI skyline be filled with sky scrapers? That will truly be a glorious day! However, I do support Del Taco....after all, I'm not soul-less!

Anonymous said...

skyscrappers my butt! i will disown ssi if they make any building taller than the lighthouse! this is an st. simons, where our first real fast-food was not until macy d's a some 6 years ago.
if sea island has anything to say about this, which we all know they do, then it won't happen.

Anonymous said...

Lets not get too carried away. Quiznos' is awesome. Screw Subway and Larry's.