start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Old School Freight Train


Who is your current favorite artist/band/duo? I have been hooked on Old School Freight Train. Odd name, I know. It is not jam-band. They have all the instruments of a bluegrass group, but are not bluegrass. Imagine folk mixed with Paris-style street jazz and this is what you get. They just released their new CD Run. I really like their rendition of Stevie Wonder's hit, "Superstition". I strongly recommend trying to get your hands on this (anyway you can) because it is a great listen. If I wasn't given this CD, I would have probably bought it. There, I said it... See, I do buy music on occasion!

Post your current favorite artist/band/duo and give a brief description of the genre. New music is like a breath of fresh air!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE fan of GNR baby

Anonymous said...

HAHA Bum, I know that wasnt you, but remember when we went to that Guns-n-Roses concert? Oh man, what a trip