start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

True Love

Now, I love gadgets... all kinds, especially ones that are aesthetically pleasing... like the iPod. However, I have been feeling guilty lately by my friend's, beyond platonic, obsession with her new iPod. I helped her install the whole shebang and it was true love shortly after. I told her how to get music from other people to fill that 20 gigabytes worth of space... (anything to help beat the system!). This, I have done. But what I haven't done is traveled all over the state in search of music... It's like she's on a music fix.... must have more mp3's! I certainly commend you my friend. If only we all had the same love for current technology, this would be a happier world.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ...what's the word on Tropical Storm Tammy beating down on San Simon?

What's the outlook?

Anonymous said...

Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better but, stealing music is a crime and it's wrong. you have obviously never spent any time thinking about the consequences (And I don't mean lawsuits).
Stealing is stealing. I buy my music and so should everyone.

Anonymous said...

steve...live a little and wake up....the record companies have been stealing from the artists since the beginning of commericalized music....karma's a bitch...support the bands you want to support by buying their stuff, but to try and legitimze being ripped off by saying "shame shame you know your name" is petty and ignorant

Anonymous said...

actually i'm on a road trip to Knoxville for the game and getting the songs is a plus.

Anonymous said...

wait...what? some people don't understand what you are talking about. or maybe i just don't...

Anonymous said...

If only we all had the same love for current technology, this would be a happier world.

I'm going to have to disagree. I'd ammend that statement by saying: "If only we all had the same love for nature and each other, this would be a happier world."

I could better understand your point of view if you said the above statement in reference to life-saving research, or technology developed to save lives and beat disease.

I'm sorry, I just can't totally support that the world would be a better place if everyone loved their iPod as much as your friend did. Maybe I am misunderstanding you.

I have an iPod and I like it. But I much prefer walking beside a friend, taking out my earbuds and actually talking to him/her. There are many perfectly happy iPod-less people out there!

--Al

Anonymous said...

ever heard of the term "tounge in cheek" or even "facetious?"

you new yorkers take everything so seriously...

ERLEICHDA! Lighten Up!

10 high-fives to whoever can tell me what i'm referencing in that last line...