start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Age limit for cellphones?

Here's what I think. You don't need a cellphone until you are driving. Care to argue? We (generation x) survived didn't we? I didn't get a cellphone until I turned 16. If something bad were to happen and you needed to call, someone around you would have a phone. I was in the store the other day (granted it was Walmart) and I saw this little miss priss who couldn't have been more than 11 talking on her pink, rhinestone-encrusted cellphone. She was like, "I my God Johnny didn't say that to you!" I couldn't help myself and responded as I walked by, "Sho 'nuff girl, he did!" Needless to say, I got the look, coupled with a loud tooth suck. Kids and cellphones are a bad idea... if you need further evidence, check this story out.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. even though i totally agree, this is 2005, however. we didn't have them and they shouldn't. but does that mean we should have to walk to school in the snow like pur parents did?

Anonymous said...

haha. to be quite honest, is it really possible to even ride a bike AND talk on the phone at the same time? i couldn't do it. i can only monotask though...
p.s. frederica station will give quarters to use the pay phone right outside dressners! haha

Anonymous said...

spoiled island kids is what this is all about. you think suburban atl has this problem? no, the problem there is that both the cellphone and bike they're using are stolen!

Anonymous said...

i completely agree. an age limit should absolutely be set... not only on cell phones but on other devices as well. i remember before i had a cell, i was probly 15 or so, there was this kid in 6th grade, he had a freakin beeper. What the hell is a 12 year old kid gonna do with a beeper? it has only gotten worse....

i was riding around east beach yesterday and i ran into the 'pirates of the spanish main' and while i admit that i was one, those girls were ridiculous. if i had EVER gone out of my house at the age of 16 dressed like that, my parents would have KILLED me!

i dunno. i think think everyone is trying to grow up to fast today and that is the problem in general, if you want my 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

hello? is everyone forgetting the root of the problem here. I'm sorry but at 16 years old, parents still have control. true, girls shouldn't want to be such trash at a young age, but their parents hold as much blame for what they walk out the door in as the girls themselves do.
Times are changing, and its not necessarily for the best. kids are growing up way to fast.
i saw a 10 year old smoking a cigarette the other day... what was i doing at 10? oh yeah, playing barbies! what is this world coming to?
bottom line: don't have children! ha

Anonymous said...

umm, ok, excuse me anoynomous. I don't think it is only spoiled st. simons kids. As a matter of fact I teach in the ghetto and I see plenty of kids walking around with cell phones.

Anonymous said...

...that are probably stolen

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha! Finally Turner gets his wish! Racial Profiling!

Anonymous said...

it's not racial if it's true!

Anonymous said...

Ok anonymous, i have to laugh at that! ha! But I seriously think it is more widespread than St. Simons.

Anonymous said...

kelly im just kidding. it's fun getting you fired up. haha. i know its more widespread than that. however, i can almost bet that you see it more in the ssi area, though.

Anonymous said...

I knew that was you- there aren't ghetto people in the suburbs of atlanta- it's just like st. simons!!!!! you knew i'd have to jump on someone dissin st. simons people!!