start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

FREE wireless internet

It's about time! St. Simons (and parts of Brunswick) now have free Wi-Fi. Apparently it has been up for a good part of the summer, but this is the first I've heard of it. A big boo-ya to places like McDonalds and Monkey Love on the Island who were trying to charge for it! The Wi-Fi areas include: the village, Redfern Village, East Beach and the Frederica North shopping center (Harris Teeter). For more info go here. So, for all you out there with wi-fi enabled laptops, go get you some!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with bum. I have never had the sudden urge to browse the internet while shopping for groceries or while drinking at the bar. But it is nice to know, if I ever do what to, I can. Thanks for the update!