start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Momentary Memories

On Friday I posted an article titled The Friday Fact that I plan to publish weekly. I am trying to bring some organization to this blog so that you as a read can have something to (hopefully) look forward to... hence "Momentary Memories." This will be a short article based on a particular nostalgic feeling that we can all hopefully relate to. Due to the random nature of nostalgia this post itself will be random.

Before I even get out of bed in the morning I know that it's here. Something in the sounds (or lack thereof) from outside, or maybe the smells or color of the light coming through the bedroom window. It happened this past Saturday morning. I woke to that familiar collection of signs. I threw on my shorts but not my shirt... If I was right I wanted to be shirtless. I climbed downstairs and peaked out the window for one last look before opening the door and... YES! It was cold outside.

Ophelia has brought us some cold weather. I know, it won't last long, probably gone tomorrow. But it was just enough to excite the feelings that come from fall/winter. Fall on St. Simons brings backyard barbecues and oyster roasts. Football and parties. A quite island, ours for the taking once again. I think out of all the memory-inducing sensations (i.e. smell, taste, etc.) to me weather has to be the strongest. Cold weather reminds me of friendships, camping, outdoors and love all wrapped up in some of the best times I've ever had.

Cold weather, you may be gone for a couple more weeks, but you'll be back. And when you return I shall hug you with my fleece-covered self.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this guy Ben sounds really hot. And that scruff sure is sexy!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. where are you cold weather? bring it back, ben. im counting on you...