start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

My love affair with Paula Deen

Mrs. Paula Deen stole my heart... and my stomach.

Saturday I ventured up to Savannah for day trip solely to eat at acclaimed chef Paula Deen's restaurant The Lady and Sons. If you are not familiar with Paula Deen (don't worry I wasn't either) you will henceforth be familiarized. She is a white-haired, slightly overset (probably from all the butter), middle aged goddess of southern cuisine. She hosts a very popular cooking show on The Food Network brandishing the phrase, "Hey Y'All!" Nothing could have prepared me to the food, or the wait.

Arriving at noon put as eating at 2:30 p.m. My posse and I decided a nice walk in downtown Savannah would be just the thing to work up an appetite for fried-chicken and cornbread. After two hours of more drinking than walking (you can carry beer on the streets in Savannah!) we were ready to eat.

The food was amazing*. The nap on the car ride home, even better.


*Fact officially derived after three plates of testing from the buffet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PAULA DEEN! we need to go back soon! lets stay for lunch and dinner... the O can pay for a night in the hyatt (hehe).... it could be fun times all around :)

-Sara