start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Another tax?

I heard this morning on the news that Bush is toying with the idea of adding another tax on all Americans. This one would be a disaster tax. Some states, like Florida, already have one in effect but have been pushing for years to get the federal government to adopt it so we can all help fix places like LA and MS. Personally I do not object to this simply because I live in a place where such a tax would be a Godsend if we were to have a hurricane. Now I have not read anymore into this other than what I heard on the TV, but my questions are: What will be taxed and how much. Let's tax emergency supplies and plywood, right? Or even better, how about gas... Ha!

No comments: