start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, September 26, 2005

It's Monday

Ahhh Mondays... why is it I hate you so? While my wife lays nestled under the covers thanks to Perdue, I sit sipping my tea and typing to you. The weekend was great. Out Friday night, boating Saturday, house projects Sunday. You know what one of my favorite things about fall is? Fall festivals. Man oh man... you can't get much better than that. We have a good bit on St. Simons and the surrounding area. My favorite takes place in north Georgia though. The Georiga Apple Festival, held on the 2nd and 3rd weekends in October, is just superb. They have all the makings of a good fall festival. German and southern food, petting zoo, classic car show, bluegrass, vendors and lots of apple desserts. Another one of my favorites is the St. Simons Elementary Fall Festival. More for nostalgic reasons, I love this one. Spaghetti dinner, Dolphin Day Race, carnival-like booths and prizes. Fun for the whole family! Now, if we could only get the fall weather to get here, we'd be in business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think fall scruff is sexy ;-)