start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

LOST 2/1 Recap

Each week (hopefully) I will post a sort of 'recap' on the show. If you are reading this, I take it you have watched the show the night before, so I will not go into detail about what happened... just point out some observations and theories from collected sources.

The numbers, 4815162342, show up in some form everywhere in this episode. On the bottle of medicine that Desmond injects it reads CR-4-81516-23 42. On the graffiti on the wall when Jack is walking down the tunnel, the number 108 is on the wall. Add 4-81516-23 42 all up and you get 108.

When something is quarantined, it's usually on the outside of the cage, notifying all that what's inside is quarantined. Perhaps, the island is what's quarantined and Desmond is the one being notified of its condition. Perhaps there is a disease of some sort on the island and what ever he is injecting is the antidote.

When Shannon thinks she sees Walt in the woods, he says, "Don't push the button... the button is bad."

That's about it. Post more if you found it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, So i got back from the Braves game, which they lost in extra innings after giving up a grandslam (our bullpen = terrible) and learned that my VCR didn't record LOST...awesome...i appreciate the brief synopsis here as well as the detailed one Kelly gave me. I was wondering, though, if you could elaborate on the medicine. Desmond is taking it, but how is he taking it? How often does he take it? Does he get figgity right before he takes it...this is all very bizarre to me and i regret missing it, but we did have fun at the braves game- 755 club VIP section...not too shabby......Also, who is the actor playing Desmond...anyone know?

Anonymous said...

Michael Ian Gosick

Anonymous said...

Sorry Henry Ian Cusick

Anonymous said...

jeez McGhan....after a flub like that i'm not so sure you are faking it anymore

Anonymous said...

what show are we talking about? never heard of this "lost"

Anonymous said...

bum, I continue my mantra by saying you are an extreme tomato! Ben, you shouldn't have deleted "purple nurple's" quotes. Twas quite comical! Lost is cool, Nip/Tuck is cool, and alas....getting your wallet stolen is AWESOME!!! Does anyone know what it's like to call 3 different credit card companies at 2:30am....actually went quite well! I hate my life, I love you guys.........and mmmmmmmm Bobby, I'm sorry Laguna Beach or the OC or Bold & the Beautiful didn't make my top 2!

Anonymous said...

sorry...........forgot to add...................f'n McGann Style!