start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

One blog purpose fulfilled

One of my many purposes of beginning a blog is this: to educate the masses on information that I find pertinet to leading a successful life, in a way that even the simplest of beings can understand. I feel that that goal was met today.

As I have posted before, I recently installed a site tracker. One function of this service enables me to see how people have accessed my blog. For instance, if you go to a search engine and type something in and then click on a link that happens to be mine, I know about it. That is exactly what happened today when a chap (or chapette?) in England searched for ways to avoid the RIAA while using Limewire. He/she clicked through to my post about that very thing. Whether it taught him/her anything I don't know. But that's not what's important to me. It's the open source of the matter. The fact that I can share information in a searchable way with people I don't even know in other countries. I find that simply fascinating.

No comments: