start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Manual labor

Some people hate it, some people love it. I'm covered in little pieces of glass right now, after spending the morning tearing down insulation in our new office building (did you know that insulation is made up of tiny pieces of glass... you shouldn't let your dogs eat it). I love my current job, one of the best jobs I have ever had. But there is something about putting some pants and shoes on and busting your ass on a little manual labor. Yard work, construction, chopping wood, making the bed. Does this make me sound like one of those people who likes pain.... what is it called? Something about sweating and getting dirty. Call me crazy.

In other news, what are everybody's plans for the weekend? Anybody doing anything worth posting?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that your wife is going out with us tonight is worth posting! YAY.

Anonymous said...

I NEVER SAID I WAS GOING OUT. YALL NEED TO LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!! AND YALL ARE BIG FAT LIARS!!!!! YOU TRY TEACHING ALL DAY AND SEE IF YOU FEEL LIKE GOING OUT TO A SMOKY BAR!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you can't smoke in the bars in Athens any more...try coming up to Athens for the Auburn game! Even Kurt will be there!

Anonymous said...

C'mon Kelly, you should go out. I would go out with Ben if I were there.

Anonymous said...

Im going to see the alman brothers! but that's next weekend. but it's worth posting!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

word chief...we'll be at the Allman Brothers too

Moe. is opening up for them....and the boys from Moe. are dandy good friends with Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes....should be a LOT of fun...lots of collaborations and guest spots

this weekend i'm working on a 40 page brief for the supreme court of the state of Boring...they could have at least given us a real state!

Anonymous said...

wasn't lynard skynard orginally opening for them? it WILL be a grand 'ole time!