start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, September 16, 2005

The Intriguing type

Have you ever met someone that just intrigues you? I can count on one hand the people in my life that have left an intriguing impression. Webster defines intrigue as: arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate. That is partially it. I think these people strike deeper than that though. It is not a romantic feeling by any means. More of a yearning to know more. Wanting to become closer with. Also, one thing I must point out about these "intriguers" is that they are not just female. I have met men that I have been intrigued by.

After an encounter with this type of person, I feel odd. Odd meaning unsettled, apart from the norm... Not in a bad way. I look forward to this kind of encounter. It arouses the deep need and love for close friendship in me, something that I have always treasured.

I know... All you out there who know me are now re-evaluating your relationship with me. "This guy's a psycho." I assure you I am not. I am just compassionate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly you have met someone recently that you are intrigued by, who is it? that is the real question.

Anonymous said...

i agree with goat. who is this really neat person? please, do share so we all can to be intrigued!