start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gas prices break plans

Well, I originally had no plans for this weekend. Labor day was going to be full of anything BUT labor. Then I received word that a close family member passed away in the Atlanta area this past Tuesday. My cousin and his wife, who are currently with the Peace Corps (check out his site... Grant, you should have made a blog!) are actually being flown up by the PC for the funeral and the weekend. Well I was planning on going to see them and be with the fam, but gas prices slashed that. Unfortunately I have a job that I like because of the work, not the pay... If you can even call it pay. I say 'unfortunately', but in realty, I am so glad to have a job I like. Working somewhere you loathe is a nightmare.

So, now I am looking forward, once again, to a relaxing weekend of R&R. I am sure I will be asked multiple times by my loving wife to "Please tile the kitchen when you get a minute." As if this is a job I can do between beers.

I must pay tribute to my good buddy Matt. Happy Birthday man. Sorry the Academy has turned cooler than a Fanny-pack. I know you must long for those summer nights down here where we did nothing and loved every second of it. It'll get better, and if it doesn't, you can always quit... No? Well, it's worth a shot!

To all the folks getting together at the cabin this week, Kelly and I send our love... We'll miss being there.
-B

No comments: